Progressive Soil / Turf Renovation
Progressive renovation requires aerification to create holes and an aggressive topdressing program to fill the holes with soil conditioner like Profile™ Field & Fairway™ or Turface® MVP®. Since you will affect a limited portion of the entire soil profile with each application, you will need to repeat your program multiple times until the desired soil mix is reached.
When core aerifying:
- Core aerify with enough passes to create a hole about every 2 inches. Ideally use large tines of ¾ to 1 inch in diameter. (Avoid aerifying in high heat in existing turf)
- Topdress with Field & Fairway or Turface MVP at a rate of 500 pounds per 1000 square feet or 50 pounds per 100 square feet. Drag the Field & Fairway or Turface MVP into the holes filling them completely.
- Loosen the top inch with a rake or small tiller and seed or sod.
- Water immediately.
- Field & Fairway and Turface MVP hold moisture and nutrients and resist compaction resulting in healthy turf.
When using the DryJect® Service
- Holes are created with high pressure blasts of water and filled with Field & Fairway during the process. No cores to clean up.
DryJect, a 21st century aerification system, combines aerification and soil amendment (using Field & Fairway) in a single step.